Contact us by email or phone.
Meeting planned for Wyre Lancashire Local
7:36am Thursday 8th May 2008 in News
Highways maintenance, recycling rates, the arts and a number of applications for cash support will be discussed at the next meeting of Wyre Lancashire Local.
The Wednesday April 2 meeting starts at 7pm on at the Frank Townend Centre, Kensington Road, Thornton Cleveleys.
The Lancashire Local committee comprises local members of Lancashire County Council and of Wyre Council with the aim of ensuring that local government services are tailored to local need.
Lancashire Local grants will be considered as follows.
- 1301 Fleetwood Squadron of the Air Training Corps is requesting £400 (supported by County Councillor Keith Riley) to refurbish and replace office equipment.
- Thornton Cleveleys Gala organisers have requested £750 (supported by County Councillor Penny Martin) for chairs and tables.
- Cleveleys Road Cycling Club is requesting £150 (supported by County Councillor Penny Martin) to aid publicity and to mount an exhibition of its activities.
- Cancer Help Preston Ltd is requesting £200 (supported by County Councillor Valerie Wilson) to help with further fundraising. The charity helps approximately £5,000 each year.
- Garstang Guides and Scouts are requesting £300 (supported by County Councillor Valerie Wilson) for a new seat at the front of their scout hut.
A further 13 applications have been made for Local Gateway Grants.
Applicants include the Diocese of Lancaster Youth Service, Girl Guides at Guy's Farm Activity Centre, the Volunteer Centre for Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre, and the Boys' Brigade in the North West.
Two applications have been made for Cl imate Change Grants which are awarded to projects that reduce emission of greenhouse gases.
The applications are for insulation and improvements at Poulton Methodist Church and also for enhancing a public "pocket park" on Albert Road, Fleetwood.
Lancashire Local members have power over some highways matters such as timing the work of roadworks and minimising disruption.
Roads to be affected in Wyre include those in Bilsborrow, Garstang, Thornton, Carleton, Knott End, Poulton, Fleetwood and Great Eccleston.
The Lancashire Local committee will also hear reports on recycling, arts development and the establishment of a Children's Trust in Wyre.