Veteran BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall is to be sentenced after he admitted indecently assaulting 13 girls, the youngest aged just nine.
Prosecutors branded Hall, 83, a child abuse "predator" following his guilty pleas last month.
The former It's A Knockout presenter initially issued an impassioned denial when he insisted the allegations were "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".
But following his guilty pleas, his lawyer Crispin Aylett QC told Preston Crown Court: "He is only too aware his disgrace is complete."
Hall was described as an "opportunistic predator" by Nazir Afzal, chief crown prosecutor for the North West.
He said Hall's victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated the first and last assaults, but almost all of the victims, including one who was only nine at the time of the assault, "provided strikingly similar accounts".
A brief outline of the abuse suffered by three victims was given at an earlier hearing at Preston Magistrates' Court.
In the 1980s, Hall molested a nine-year-old girl by putting his hand up her clothing. He also kissed a 13-year-old girl on the lips after he said to her: "People need to show thanks in other ways."
Hall, who was granted bail at his last court appearance, was charged with those offences when he was arrested by Lancashire Police on December 5.
Publicity surrounding his initial arrest led to more victims coming forward. He was subsequently charged with abusing 10 more girls and the rape of a 22-year-old woman, between 1968 and 1986, though the Crown Prosecution Service said it was satisfied the rape count could lie on file.